Motorcyclist dies and driver arrested on suspicion of drug driving after A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died after a crash on the A505 near Whittlesford.
The collision happened just before 4pm on Friday last week, near the BP garage.
It involved a motorcycle, a grey Mercedes C200 and a blue Vauxhall Grandland X. Sadly, the motorcyclist was pronounced dead shortly after the collision.
A man, in his 30s and from Diss in Norfolk, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drugs and drug driving
He was taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough and has since been released under investigation.
Officers are appealing for those who have information about the crash to come forward.
Anyone with information, in particular dashcam footage of the collision or any of the vehicles involved in the moments before, is urged to contact the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit online via webchat or online forms quoting incident 265 of October 29.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 5 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 6 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 10 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3