Driver 'could have lost life' after brick thrown at windscreen
- Credit: Essex Police
A motorist had a brick thrown at his windscreen while driving on a road in Dunmow.
Police are now appealing for information, and say the attack could have cost the victim their life.
The victim was driving a black Mercedes on Ongar Road at around 6.25pm on Friday, January 29 when their windscreen was suddenly smashed.
Only 15 minutes before, an object was thrown onto the A120 around Stansted, smashing another windscreen and endangering lives. In the past week, two similar incidents were recorded at the site between 6-7pm on January 25 and January 28.
Police have been regularly recording similar incidents in the area since September 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Should you have any information about the Ongar Road incident, call Essex Police on 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/16880/21. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021