Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
- Credit: ANDRA MACIUCA
Hundreds of pounds worth of perfume have been stolen after a burglary in a Saffron Walden store.
Boots in Market Place was broken into shortly after 5.30am on Thursday, February 11.
Police said perfume was taken and the premises doors were damaged.
A resident said on social media that they found out from visiting the store that all the aftershave and perfume had been stolen from the cabinets and drawers, although these details have not been confirmed.
A Boots spokesperson said: “We take any attempt at theft extremely seriously, and we have a zero-tolerance approach to it in our stores.
You may also want to watch:
“As the store was closed at the time of the incident, we can confirm that no colleagues, patients, or customers were harmed.
“The store is open and trading as normal and we are assisting the police with their investigation.”
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 3 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
Anyone with information should submit a report online at https://www.essex.police.uk or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
Alternatively, call 101 and quote incident 42/24462/21.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111 or https://crimestoppers-uk.org.