Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
- Credit: ANDRA MACIUCA
Hundreds of pounds worth of perfume have been stolen after a burglary in a Saffron Walden store.
Boots in Market Place was broken into shortly after 5.30am on Thursday, February 11.
Police said perfume was taken and the premises doors were damaged.
A resident said on social media that they found out from visiting the store that all the aftershave and perfume had been stolen from the cabinets and drawers, although these details have not been confirmed.
A Boots spokesperson said: “We take any attempt at theft extremely seriously, and we have a zero-tolerance approach to it in our stores.
You may also want to watch:
“As the store was closed at the time of the incident, we can confirm that no colleagues, patients, or customers were harmed.
“The store is open and trading as normal and we are assisting the police with their investigation.”
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 9 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 10 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
Anyone with information should submit a report online at https://www.essex.police.uk or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
Alternatively, call 101 and quote incident 42/24462/21.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111 or https://crimestoppers-uk.org.