Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
- Credit: ANDRA MACIUCA
Hundreds of pounds worth of perfume have been stolen after a burglary in a Saffron Walden store.
Boots in Market Place was broken into shortly after 5.30am on Thursday, February 11.
Police said perfume was taken and the premises doors were damaged.
A resident said on social media that they found out from visiting the store that all the aftershave and perfume had been stolen from the cabinets and drawers, although these details have not been confirmed.
A Boots spokesperson said: “We take any attempt at theft extremely seriously, and we have a zero-tolerance approach to it in our stores.
“As the store was closed at the time of the incident, we can confirm that no colleagues, patients, or customers were harmed.
“The store is open and trading as normal and we are assisting the police with their investigation.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Anyone with information should submit a report online at https://www.essex.police.uk or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
Alternatively, call 101 and quote incident 42/24462/21.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111 or https://crimestoppers-uk.org.