Crimewatch appeal to find missing sundial
DETECTIVES are appealing for information following the theft of Henry Moore’s Working Model for Sundial, 1965.
This is a bronze sculpture measuring 56cm high. It was taken from the sculpture grounds of The Henry Moore Foundation in Perry Green, Herts, Moore’s former home.
The theft occurred sometime between 4.30 pm on Tuesday July 10 and 11am on the following day. The sculpture had been situated in the gardens of Hoglands, Moore’s house.It was located so as to be viewed from the large sitting room.
A reward of up to �25,000 is offered for information leading to the recovery of it. The reward is subject to special conditions. Please phone Hertfordshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have any information.
The reward of up to �100,000 is still offered for any information leading to the recovery of Reclining Figure 1969-70 which was stolen from The Henry Moore Foundation at Perry Green in December 2005. This reward is also subject to special conditions. Same contact details apply.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Paul Watts said: “This Sundial sculpture is a valuable piece and we are very keen to speak to anyone who may have seen it since 4.30 pm yesterday (July 10th).
Richard Calvocoressi, director of The Henry Moore Foundation, added: “We are deeply saddened about the loss of Working Model for Sundial from the gardens of Henry Moore’s former home and are helping the police in the hope it may be recovered. We take our care of Henry Moore’s sculptures extremely seriously and have installed heightened security measures here in recent years. We would be grateful if anyone with information would contact the police.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites