Funds available to help victims and survivors of domestic abuse
- Credit: PFCC
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex has up to £426,893 available to help victims and survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Charities, groups and organisations working to support those who have experienced these crimes are asked to apply for funds by Wednesday, February 24.
Roger Hirst, the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex, said: “The Ministry of Justice has secured £4.625 million for sexual violence and £8.95m for domestic abuse to give to organisations which support vulnerable people.
"In Essex we have been allocated up to £426,893 so if you think we can help your group, charity or organisation, get in touch with us now.”
Some of the money available will be open to services not currently funded by the PFCC in order to encourage underrepresented groups to seek support.
You may also want to watch:
Small, specialist organisations that support domestic abuse and sexual violence victims are being encouraged to apply. They could be organisations with protected characteristics such as age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The criteria for this fund are:
You must be a registered charity, a charitable incorporated organisation, or a social enterprise, including companies limited by guarantee and community interest companies.
You provide specialist domestic abuse and/or sexual violence support services for individuals and families of protected characteristics which have the purpose of helping victims of crime who reside in Essex cope with the impacts of crime, and, as far as possible, recover from the harm they have experienced.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 6 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 7 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
Apply online via http://bit.ly/Supportfund