Potential "chemical threat" closed Walden road
- Credit: NPTV
A potential chemical threat closed a Saffron Walden road last night (Tuesday).
Emergency services including a HAZMAT unit, police, fire and ambulance staff were in attendance shortly after 7pm.
A resident in Highfields, Saffron Walden, had received a letter containing an unknown substance.
The road was closed as a precaution.
Essex Police said they did not find any hazardous substances.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries into the source of the letter are ongoing.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays