Potential "chemical threat" closed Walden road
- Credit: NPTV
A potential chemical threat closed a Saffron Walden road last night (Tuesday).
Emergency services including a HAZMAT unit, police, fire and ambulance staff were in attendance shortly after 7pm.
A resident in Highfields, Saffron Walden, had received a letter containing an unknown substance.
The road was closed as a precaution.
Essex Police said they did not find any hazardous substances.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries into the source of the letter are ongoing.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event