Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- Credit: PA
A teenage boy has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport.
The 16-year-old was due to board a flight on Monday (June 27), before officers from the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command arrested him during a "Schedule 7 stop".
The boy was taken into custody on suspicion of collecting information likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism, and disseminating terrorist publications.
The Metropolitan Police have advised that the alleged offences are "linked to extreme Islamist ideology".
The teenager has been detained under PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984).
He remains at a London police station whilst officers continue their enquiries.
As part of the investigation, a search warrant was executed at a property in east London.
- 1 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 2 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 7 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 8 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
This search has now been completed.
Suspected terrorist activity can be reported online or by calling the anti-terrorism hotline, on 0800 789 321.