Man who was handed driving ban allegedly drove home from court
- Credit: Will Durrant
A 35-year-old man, who was banned from the roads following an incident on the M11, was stopped by police after he was allegedly spotted driving home from court.
The man, from Sunderland, was handed a three-month driving ban at Southend Magistrates' Court in Essex on Wednesday, July 13.
Following his sentencing, he is thought to have left Southend in his car.
The 35-year-old was stopped by police in North Yorkshire on suspicion of driving while disqualified at Scotch Corner, near Darlington, the same day as his sentence.
He was originally handed a driving ban following an incident on the M11 near Harlow - between London and Cambridge - on December 3, 2021.
Dash cam footage handed to police via "Extra Eyes" showed the 35-year-old drive his lorry from the hard shoulder into lane one, forcing a different driver to take evasive action and almost colliding with another HGV.
He then forced the driver who took evasive action into the hard shoulder.
Mick Green, Essex's Extra Eyes manager, said: "Our officers cannot be everywhere, so we encourage the public to help us by being our 'Extra Eyes'.
"That way we can have a bigger policing presence and deal with more road-related offences across our county, keeping everyone safe."
- 1 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 2 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 3 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Sir Tom Jones, Simple Minds, Elbow and the Bootleg Beatles to headline four nights of concerts at Audley End
- 5 Love Island 2022 winners Ekin-Su and Davide touch down at Stansted Airport
- 6 Saffron Walden focus on FA Cup after successful Essex Senior League start
- 7 Debden firefighter raises over £2,000 for Mind with charity walk
- 8 Help shape new design code for Uttlesford
- 9 Clyde the tortoise undergoes shell surgery after being struck by train
- 10 Sixty-year-old aims to become oldest man to row the Atlantic solo
In the M11 case, the driver was ordered to pay a fine of £853 in addition to the driving ban.