Teen arrested after alleged disturbance inside Saffron Walden Costcutter
- Credit: Google Earth
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly punching windows at a Saffron Walden shop.
A witness to the incident claimed that a boy was shouting, swearing and breaking windows inside Costcutter on High Street.
The witness reported that the boy cut his hand.
Essex Police said it received reports of a disturbance at the shop on Tuesday, January 4 at around 3pm.
Police officers arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of theft, criminal damage, common assault and public order offences.
The boy has since been released but an investigation into the incident is underway.
A police spokesperson said: "A teenage boy has been arrested after a disturbance at a shop.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 6 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award finalists
"We were called to the scene with reports of damage being done to a Costcutter store.
"We arrived and arrested a 16-year-old boy.
"He has been released under investigation."