Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- Credit: Archant
A Thaxted resident had their doorbell ripped off from their home.
This is one of two recent crimes involving doorbells in the village, and took place at a property in Mill End at 10.30pm on March 26.
The suspect fled the scene after committing the offence.
In a separate incident earlier that day, a resident had their doorbell and an agapanthus plant stolen from their house in Weaverhead Lane at 7pm.
Should you have any information about these incidents, call Essex Police on 101, quoting crime reference number 42/54307/21 or 42/55603/21.
You may also want to watch:
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 10 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns