Third man arrested as police investigate anti-Semitic chants on Stansted plane
- Credit: Essex Police
A third man has been arrested after video footage emerged online showing aeroplane passengers chanting anti-Semitic abuse at a man.
Essex Police said a 31-year-old man from Dartford voluntarily attended a police station yesterday (Monday, November 8).
He was arrested on suspicion of committing a public order offence and racially or religiously aggravated harassment.
The video was filmed at Stansted Airport in Essex as West Ham United FC fans boarded a plane to Belgium last Thursday (November 4).
Two men were arrested at Stansted Airport last week.
A 55-year-old man was arrested as he stepped off a flight from Belgium on Friday, November 5 on suspicion of a hate crime.
A 26-year-old man was arrested as he stepped off a flight from the Netherlands on Saturday, November 6 on suspicion of a public order offence.
- 1 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 2 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 3 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 5 IN PICTURES: The Bootleg Beatles play The Fab Four's hits at Heritage Live concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 6 Saffron Walden PSG bid sad farewell to long-term coach
- 7 IN PICTURES: Elbow's Heritage Live headline concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 8 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 9 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 10 Saffron Walden celebrate stylish win over EAPL rivals Swardeston
Both men were bailed until December 1.
The investigation is ongoing.