Third man arrested as police investigate anti-Semitic chants on Stansted plane
- Credit: Essex Police
A third man has been arrested after video footage emerged online showing aeroplane passengers chanting anti-Semitic abuse at a man.
Essex Police said a 31-year-old man from Dartford voluntarily attended a police station yesterday (Monday, November 8).
He was arrested on suspicion of committing a public order offence and racially or religiously aggravated harassment.
The video was filmed at Stansted Airport in Essex as West Ham United FC fans boarded a plane to Belgium last Thursday (November 4).
Two men were arrested at Stansted Airport last week.
A 55-year-old man was arrested as he stepped off a flight from Belgium on Friday, November 5 on suspicion of a hate crime.
A 26-year-old man was arrested as he stepped off a flight from the Netherlands on Saturday, November 6 on suspicion of a public order offence.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
Both men were bailed until December 1.
The investigation is ongoing.