Crowdfunder launched to help injured Saffron Walden footballer
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Town Football Club has launched a crowdfunding appeal to raise money to get an injured player back on the pitch.
Bloods defender Perry Moody was involved in a challenge against Hadleigh United that saw him break his nose and end up with concussion.
The club is now trying to raise £800 to help fund a unique face mask so Perry can continue to play while his nose heals.
Club secretary Jonathan Scripps said: “Please help Perry get back on the pitch by donating to the Moody Mask Appeal.
“He has had to have surgery and the doctors have said he must wear a face mask if he wants to continue playing. Unfortunately, our insurance does not cover the mask and Perry is desperate to get playing again.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to donate can visit: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Moodymask.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex