Cycle racks needed at Audley End station
SAFFRON WALDEN MP Sir Alan Haselhurst is set to urge train station chiefs at Audley End to install bike racks.
The amount of people biking to and from the station has increased in recent months but complaints have been received that there is nowhere to park cycles.
Currently riders have to chain their bikes to railings near the station entrance but Sir Alan is adamant that a section should be put in place to encourage people to cycle to the station.
He said: “I am aware of the problem and will be asking if something can be done so that cyclists have somewhere secure to put bikes.
“It would also be a good idea to have a look at re-starting an initiative to introduce a cycle lane or cycle route from Saffron Walden through to Audley End.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an idea many years ago but at the time not enough people were actually cycling to the station to make it viable – that has now changed”.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites