Cycle racks needed at Audley End station
SAFFRON WALDEN MP Sir Alan Haselhurst is set to urge train station chiefs at Audley End to install bike racks.
The amount of people biking to and from the station has increased in recent months but complaints have been received that there is nowhere to park cycles.
Currently riders have to chain their bikes to railings near the station entrance but Sir Alan is adamant that a section should be put in place to encourage people to cycle to the station.
He said: “I am aware of the problem and will be asking if something can be done so that cyclists have somewhere secure to put bikes.
“It would also be a good idea to have a look at re-starting an initiative to introduce a cycle lane or cycle route from Saffron Walden through to Audley End.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an idea many years ago but at the time not enough people were actually cycling to the station to make it viable – that has now changed”.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire