Cycle racks needed at Audley End station
SAFFRON WALDEN MP Sir Alan Haselhurst is set to urge train station chiefs at Audley End to install bike racks.
The amount of people biking to and from the station has increased in recent months but complaints have been received that there is nowhere to park cycles.
Currently riders have to chain their bikes to railings near the station entrance but Sir Alan is adamant that a section should be put in place to encourage people to cycle to the station.
He said: “I am aware of the problem and will be asking if something can be done so that cyclists have somewhere secure to put bikes.
“It would also be a good idea to have a look at re-starting an initiative to introduce a cycle lane or cycle route from Saffron Walden through to Audley End.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an idea many years ago but at the time not enough people were actually cycling to the station to make it viable – that has now changed”.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel