Cyclists killed in crash is named
Police have named the cyclist who died following a collision with a car.
Brent Jelley, 23, died in Broomfield Hospital on Monday, October 22, following a collsion in Sible Hedingham the day before.
His family have paid tribute to him in the following statement: “Brent spent his first two years living in Sible Hedingham before his family moved to Ipswich.
“Aged five he returned to live in Great Yeldham until aged 13 years where he attended Hedingham Comprehensive School. He then moved to Spain with his mother. Aged 16 he returned to Sible Hedingham where he remained. He had various jobs, working as a builder’s labourer, or a roofer.
“He was a really likeable lad who had a heart of gold who everybody loved. He was always smiling. He loved his nephews and niece, he was brilliant with the kids. Brent leaves his father Norman and mother Gillian, as well as his three older brothers Ross, Dale, and Aden.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit continue to investigate the collision with a Ford Fiesta and ask anyone with information to contact them on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 5 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 10 Walden fire: Resident has died