Cyclists killed in crash is named
Police have named the cyclist who died following a collision with a car.
Brent Jelley, 23, died in Broomfield Hospital on Monday, October 22, following a collsion in Sible Hedingham the day before.
His family have paid tribute to him in the following statement: “Brent spent his first two years living in Sible Hedingham before his family moved to Ipswich.
“Aged five he returned to live in Great Yeldham until aged 13 years where he attended Hedingham Comprehensive School. He then moved to Spain with his mother. Aged 16 he returned to Sible Hedingham where he remained. He had various jobs, working as a builder’s labourer, or a roofer.
“He was a really likeable lad who had a heart of gold who everybody loved. He was always smiling. He loved his nephews and niece, he was brilliant with the kids. Brent leaves his father Norman and mother Gillian, as well as his three older brothers Ross, Dale, and Aden.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit continue to investigate the collision with a Ford Fiesta and ask anyone with information to contact them on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion