Cyclists killed in crash is named
Police have named the cyclist who died following a collision with a car.
Brent Jelley, 23, died in Broomfield Hospital on Monday, October 22, following a collsion in Sible Hedingham the day before.
His family have paid tribute to him in the following statement: “Brent spent his first two years living in Sible Hedingham before his family moved to Ipswich.
“Aged five he returned to live in Great Yeldham until aged 13 years where he attended Hedingham Comprehensive School. He then moved to Spain with his mother. Aged 16 he returned to Sible Hedingham where he remained. He had various jobs, working as a builder’s labourer, or a roofer.
“He was a really likeable lad who had a heart of gold who everybody loved. He was always smiling. He loved his nephews and niece, he was brilliant with the kids. Brent leaves his father Norman and mother Gillian, as well as his three older brothers Ross, Dale, and Aden.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit continue to investigate the collision with a Ford Fiesta and ask anyone with information to contact them on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival