Dance in the Square success in Saffron Walden
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but they will have missed a great evening.
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off from attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but that would have been a pity as they will have missed a great evening.
Over 300 people enjoyed the terrific salsa music played by Grupo Tequesta and one of the highlights was when the band leader, Russell Morse, led a salsa lesson involving around 60 people.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative that organised the dance, said: “This was the seventh August Bank Holiday Saturday that we have held a Dance in the Square and it was the seventh year that the rain has held off.
“This year the cost of the free event was covered by generous grants from Saffron Walden Town Council and Uttlesford District Council and by sponsorship from Mullucks Wells, OKA, Ridgeons, Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden Laundry and Waitrose.
You may also want to watch:
“The bucket collection on the night raised �285 which showed just how much everybody was enjoying the evening.”
If anyone has suggestions for future bands, contact Peter Riding on 01799 502355 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 3 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 10 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'