Dance in the Square success in Saffron Walden
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but they will have missed a great evening.
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off from attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but that would have been a pity as they will have missed a great evening.
Over 300 people enjoyed the terrific salsa music played by Grupo Tequesta and one of the highlights was when the band leader, Russell Morse, led a salsa lesson involving around 60 people.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative that organised the dance, said: “This was the seventh August Bank Holiday Saturday that we have held a Dance in the Square and it was the seventh year that the rain has held off.
“This year the cost of the free event was covered by generous grants from Saffron Walden Town Council and Uttlesford District Council and by sponsorship from Mullucks Wells, OKA, Ridgeons, Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden Laundry and Waitrose.
You may also want to watch:
“The bucket collection on the night raised �285 which showed just how much everybody was enjoying the evening.”
If anyone has suggestions for future bands, contact Peter Riding on 01799 502355 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire