Dance in the Square success in Saffron Walden
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but they will have missed a great evening.
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off from attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but that would have been a pity as they will have missed a great evening.
Over 300 people enjoyed the terrific salsa music played by Grupo Tequesta and one of the highlights was when the band leader, Russell Morse, led a salsa lesson involving around 60 people.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative that organised the dance, said: “This was the seventh August Bank Holiday Saturday that we have held a Dance in the Square and it was the seventh year that the rain has held off.
“This year the cost of the free event was covered by generous grants from Saffron Walden Town Council and Uttlesford District Council and by sponsorship from Mullucks Wells, OKA, Ridgeons, Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden Laundry and Waitrose.
You may also want to watch:
“The bucket collection on the night raised �285 which showed just how much everybody was enjoying the evening.”
If anyone has suggestions for future bands, contact Peter Riding on 01799 502355 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 7 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex