Dance in the Square success in Saffron Walden
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but they will have missed a great evening.
RAIN earlier in the afternoon may have put some people off from attending the Dance in the Square on Saturday, but that would have been a pity as they will have missed a great evening.
Over 300 people enjoyed the terrific salsa music played by Grupo Tequesta and one of the highlights was when the band leader, Russell Morse, led a salsa lesson involving around 60 people.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative that organised the dance, said: “This was the seventh August Bank Holiday Saturday that we have held a Dance in the Square and it was the seventh year that the rain has held off.
“This year the cost of the free event was covered by generous grants from Saffron Walden Town Council and Uttlesford District Council and by sponsorship from Mullucks Wells, OKA, Ridgeons, Saffron Building Society, Saffron Walden Laundry and Waitrose.
“The bucket collection on the night raised �285 which showed just how much everybody was enjoying the evening.”
If anyone has suggestions for future bands, contact Peter Riding on 01799 502355 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter