Dance to the music
A LOCAL dance school held its own choreography competition at Henhan village hall. All pupils of Ruth Taylor-Greene dance school normally dance street, freestyle, rock n roll, Latin and ballroom. But they formed themselves into groups, chose their own m
A LOCAL dance school held its own choreography competition at Henhan village hall.
All pupils of Ruth Taylor-Greene dance school normally dance street, freestyle, rock 'n' roll, Latin and ballroom.
But they formed themselves into groups, chose their own music and interpreted it in different dance styles.
A spokesman said: "The 13 groups came up with some brilliant ideas, such as Kung Fu Fighting, It's Raining Men, Egyptian and many more.
You may also want to watch:
"We were very lucky to have such an eminent adjudicator in Sandy Borne who is a top television choreographer."
Winners of the junior section were Darcy Giddings and Daisy Perry, who performed Girls just wanna have fun.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
The senior section was won by Beth Roberts, Titian Lippitt and Kathleen Foster with their African style routine.
Additional trophies were handed out to girls obtaining the highest exam marks, to: Matilda Hollis for Latin, Daisy Perry for ballroom, Maria Brewer as student of the year, and a special award to Jessica Hardy being the 6000th medallist.
Ruth Taylor-Greene dance classes for children are held at RAB Butler School in Saffron Walden and Ugley Village Hall, and for adults at Debden Village Hall.
For more information call 01279 850142.