Dance to the music
A LOCAL dance school held its own choreography competition at Henhan village hall. All pupils of Ruth Taylor-Greene dance school normally dance street, freestyle, rock n roll, Latin and ballroom. But they formed themselves into groups, chose their own m
A LOCAL dance school held its own choreography competition at Henhan village hall.
All pupils of Ruth Taylor-Greene dance school normally dance street, freestyle, rock 'n' roll, Latin and ballroom.
But they formed themselves into groups, chose their own music and interpreted it in different dance styles.
A spokesman said: "The 13 groups came up with some brilliant ideas, such as Kung Fu Fighting, It's Raining Men, Egyptian and many more.
You may also want to watch:
"We were very lucky to have such an eminent adjudicator in Sandy Borne who is a top television choreographer."
Winners of the junior section were Darcy Giddings and Daisy Perry, who performed Girls just wanna have fun.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 9 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
The senior section was won by Beth Roberts, Titian Lippitt and Kathleen Foster with their African style routine.
Additional trophies were handed out to girls obtaining the highest exam marks, to: Matilda Hollis for Latin, Daisy Perry for ballroom, Maria Brewer as student of the year, and a special award to Jessica Hardy being the 6000th medallist.
Ruth Taylor-Greene dance classes for children are held at RAB Butler School in Saffron Walden and Ugley Village Hall, and for adults at Debden Village Hall.
For more information call 01279 850142.