Daniel Robinson and Sons funeral firm donates £36k to support children’s physio
- Credit: Archant
Three families whose children need help funding vital physiotherapy received cheques towards the treatment thanks to a local business.
Daniel Robinson and Sons funeral directors raised £36,000 at this year’s annual charity golf day in September.
It allowed the company to present £12,000 to each family.
The three children, Lyncoln, Aiden and Summer, were selected as beneficiaries to help them with ongoing intensive physiotherapy which is not funded on the NHS.
All three children attend Kids Physio Works, where they are receiving treatment to help them achieve the simple things in life that we all take for granted.
Phil Barrow, manager at the funeral firm, said: “It is so humbling to see these three children working so hard. They are all real characters and with their determination they will achieve their goals.”
The presentation took place at Colne Valley Golf Club, where the charity day took place, and was attended by the team from Daniel Robinson and Sons.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 7 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 8 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
Mr Barrow added: “We would like to thank all the golfers that took part in the day and everyone who supported us to make this possible.
“Together we will make a real difference to these children’s lives.”