Daniele De Rossi’s Italian football team praise Stansted Airport staff
INTERNATIONAL footballers have handed out memorabilia to airport staff to say thank you for the service they received.
The Italian Football team were so impressed with the welcome received at Stansted Airport recently they presented staff with gifts including flags, key rings and badges.
The 2006 World Cup winners touched down at Stansted on Monday August 9 ahead of their friendly match against the Ivory Coast at West Ham’s Upton Park ground.
The team travelled through the airport’s main terminal building and were extremely impressed with their experience of Stansted, especially the assistance and welcome they received.
Team officials showed their appreciation by presenting the airport with team memorabilia and gifts were handed to staff who helped on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Two other European football teams also used Stansted last week.
Italy’s Serie A side Fiorentina jetted in to play Spurs in a friendly on August 7 and the Hungarian National team used the Stansted business aviation centre in advance of their match against England on Wednesday August 11.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park