Daniele De Rossi’s Italian football team praise Stansted Airport staff
INTERNATIONAL footballers have handed out memorabilia to airport staff to say thank you for the service they received.
The Italian Football team were so impressed with the welcome received at Stansted Airport recently they presented staff with gifts including flags, key rings and badges.
The 2006 World Cup winners touched down at Stansted on Monday August 9 ahead of their friendly match against the Ivory Coast at West Ham’s Upton Park ground.
The team travelled through the airport’s main terminal building and were extremely impressed with their experience of Stansted, especially the assistance and welcome they received.
Team officials showed their appreciation by presenting the airport with team memorabilia and gifts were handed to staff who helped on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Two other European football teams also used Stansted last week.
Italy’s Serie A side Fiorentina jetted in to play Spurs in a friendly on August 7 and the Hungarian National team used the Stansted business aviation centre in advance of their match against England on Wednesday August 11.
- 1 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 5 Town council backs new support club
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport