Daniele De Rossi’s Italian football team praise Stansted Airport staff
INTERNATIONAL footballers have handed out memorabilia to airport staff to say thank you for the service they received.
The Italian Football team were so impressed with the welcome received at Stansted Airport recently they presented staff with gifts including flags, key rings and badges.
The 2006 World Cup winners touched down at Stansted on Monday August 9 ahead of their friendly match against the Ivory Coast at West Ham’s Upton Park ground.
The team travelled through the airport’s main terminal building and were extremely impressed with their experience of Stansted, especially the assistance and welcome they received.
Team officials showed their appreciation by presenting the airport with team memorabilia and gifts were handed to staff who helped on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Two other European football teams also used Stansted last week.
Italy’s Serie A side Fiorentina jetted in to play Spurs in a friendly on August 7 and the Hungarian National team used the Stansted business aviation centre in advance of their match against England on Wednesday August 11.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert