Daniele De Rossi’s Italian football team praise Stansted Airport staff
INTERNATIONAL footballers have handed out memorabilia to airport staff to say thank you for the service they received.
The Italian Football team were so impressed with the welcome received at Stansted Airport recently they presented staff with gifts including flags, key rings and badges.
The 2006 World Cup winners touched down at Stansted on Monday August 9 ahead of their friendly match against the Ivory Coast at West Ham’s Upton Park ground.
The team travelled through the airport’s main terminal building and were extremely impressed with their experience of Stansted, especially the assistance and welcome they received.
Team officials showed their appreciation by presenting the airport with team memorabilia and gifts were handed to staff who helped on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Two other European football teams also used Stansted last week.
Italy’s Serie A side Fiorentina jetted in to play Spurs in a friendly on August 7 and the Hungarian National team used the Stansted business aviation centre in advance of their match against England on Wednesday August 11.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches