Date released for next walk in popular ‘Uttlesford Way’ initiative
THE next walk along the Uttlesford Way will take place on Sunday (April 29), meeting at 2pm, when the group will explore part of walk number 16 from the book Discover Uttlesford by Peter Cooper.
The walk will start at Stansted Mountfitchet Castle car park, where free parking is available, and will be about 5.5 miles long and take about two-and-a-half hours. It will mostly be along footpaths and tracks with some road walking, there are four stiles. Stops will be made for a breather soon after the half way point.
The walk offers a fine and interesting variety of scenery and even though it is never far from the motorway and airport the peace of the countryside can also be enjoyed along with spring flowers in one of the two nature reserves passed.
These walks, led by the author, are proving very popular with an average of over 30 people having come along on each of first four walks, many exploring countryside that they have never walked before.
Everybody is welcome to come along, just turn up.
You may also want to watch:
Further details from Peter Cooper on email@example.com
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire