Date released for next walk in popular ‘Uttlesford Way’ initiative
THE next walk along the Uttlesford Way will take place on Sunday (April 29), meeting at 2pm, when the group will explore part of walk number 16 from the book Discover Uttlesford by Peter Cooper.
The walk will start at Stansted Mountfitchet Castle car park, where free parking is available, and will be about 5.5 miles long and take about two-and-a-half hours. It will mostly be along footpaths and tracks with some road walking, there are four stiles. Stops will be made for a breather soon after the half way point.
The walk offers a fine and interesting variety of scenery and even though it is never far from the motorway and airport the peace of the countryside can also be enjoyed along with spring flowers in one of the two nature reserves passed.
These walks, led by the author, are proving very popular with an average of over 30 people having come along on each of first four walks, many exploring countryside that they have never walked before.
Everybody is welcome to come along, just turn up.
Further details from Peter Cooper on email@example.com
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter