Date revealed for Chief Constable’s departure
ESSEX’S new Police and Crime Commissioner has stated his intentions to find a new chief constable.
Jim Barker-McCardle resigned from the position in November - straight after the PCC elections - although he will stay in the role until May 3.
Now the search is on to first his replacement.
Nick Alston, Essex’s PCC, said: “A few weeks ago, Chief Constable Jim Barker-McCardle made clear his intention to step down from the force for personal reasons. Jim and I have now agreed that he will leave Essex Police on May 3, 2013.
“As Police and Crime Commissioner, I have decided that we will start the search for the next Chief Constable of Essex Police with immediate effect. I will be doing my utmost to ensure that Essex has the opportunity to recruit a first class Chief Constable from a range of high calibre candidates.
You may also want to watch:
“Jim has been a fine Chief Constable, constantly striving to deliver the best possible policing service to all the communities of Essex. I am delighted that Jim has agreed to lead Essex Police well into next year, and I look forward to continuing to work closely with him.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir