Dates revealed for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014
- Credit: Archant
THE dates for the Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 have been announced.
Round Table, organisers of the ‘eight-day weekend’, has revealed the popular community event will return on July 4-12, 2014.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “After the huge success of the last ‘8 day weekend’ in 2011, where over £50,000 was raised for local charities and projects and an amazing time was had by all, I’m hoping everyone will be keeping July 4-12, 2014 free for the unique festival of fun and first class entertainment.
“Following the recent news of the common car park plan not going ahead, we thought it was time to let everyone know what to book as
holiday for next year to support the biggest event we have in our community.
You may also want to watch:
“The procession sees the whole town come out in force around the four-mile route, and last carnival had over 120 groups taking part.
“We’ve even been approached about the time of the largest procession in the area due to a wedding happening on the first Saturday in July.”
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 6 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 7 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 8 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
Round Table has been planning next year’s eight-day weekender spectacular since the start of this year and will be making some important announcements over the coming weeks. Visit 8dayweekend.co.uk and the Carnival Facebook page.