Dates revealed for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014
- Credit: Archant
THE dates for the Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 have been announced.
Round Table, organisers of the ‘eight-day weekend’, has revealed the popular community event will return on July 4-12, 2014.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “After the huge success of the last ‘8 day weekend’ in 2011, where over £50,000 was raised for local charities and projects and an amazing time was had by all, I’m hoping everyone will be keeping July 4-12, 2014 free for the unique festival of fun and first class entertainment.
“Following the recent news of the common car park plan not going ahead, we thought it was time to let everyone know what to book as
holiday for next year to support the biggest event we have in our community.
“The procession sees the whole town come out in force around the four-mile route, and last carnival had over 120 groups taking part.
“We’ve even been approached about the time of the largest procession in the area due to a wedding happening on the first Saturday in July.”
- 1 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 4 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 5 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
Round Table has been planning next year’s eight-day weekender spectacular since the start of this year and will be making some important announcements over the coming weeks. Visit 8dayweekend.co.uk and the Carnival Facebook page.