Days out for the family at Hatfield Forest
FAMILIES can go searching for bats in Hatfield Forest this month.
There will be nine species explorers will be out looking for in the medieval hunting grounds.
Participants will have to bring waterproof clothing, torches and sturdy footwear to take part.
And children over eight need to be accompanied by an adult.
One session on August 8 is already fully booked but there are still places for Thursday, August 22.
You may also want to watch:
It will begin at 8pm and finish at 9.30pm.
Tickets, which need to be pre-booked, cost £7 for an adult and £5 for a child.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
For more information contact Brian Dunn on 01279 870678 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wild Wednesdays will be starting at Hatfield Forest next week.
There will be plenty of activities for youngsters to try and it will run from 11am to 3pm starting on August 7.