Deadline approaches for Essex’s best buildings
THE deadline is fast approaching for the best buildings in Essex to be entered for a prestigious RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Award.
The RICS Awards celebrate the best new projects in the built and natural environment and cover four main categories: Building Conservation, Regeneration, Sustainability and Community Benefit, alongside a special ‘Project of the Year’ award.
Entries need to be submitted by January 21 and judging will take place in early spring.
Projects can be any size but must demonstrate excellence in one of the four categories.
Uttlesford has a strong track record in the awards with a previous winner including GE Sworder and Sons in Stansted which scooped the Sustainability Award in 2009.
Lead judge for the RICS East of England Awards Stephen Boniface FRICS said: “Every year we see a tremendous variety of entries and we’re hoping that Essex will once again be very well represented.
“Regional award winners have the opportunity to go on to the international final in which they compete with projects from each of the other RICS England regions, RICS Wales, RICS Scotland and RICS international heats.”
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
Entries can be submitted by anyone involved with the project whether as a surveyor, owner, architect, contractor or team member.
If you are interested in entering a project to the RICS Awards 2011, e-mail email@example.com. To enter the RICS of England Awards 2011 online visit rics.org/callforentries or for more information visit rics.org/awards