Deadline approaches for Essex’s best buildings
THE deadline is fast approaching for the best buildings in Essex to be entered for a prestigious RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Award.
The RICS Awards celebrate the best new projects in the built and natural environment and cover four main categories: Building Conservation, Regeneration, Sustainability and Community Benefit, alongside a special ‘Project of the Year’ award.
Entries need to be submitted by January 21 and judging will take place in early spring.
Projects can be any size but must demonstrate excellence in one of the four categories.
Uttlesford has a strong track record in the awards with a previous winner including GE Sworder and Sons in Stansted which scooped the Sustainability Award in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Lead judge for the RICS East of England Awards Stephen Boniface FRICS said: “Every year we see a tremendous variety of entries and we’re hoping that Essex will once again be very well represented.
“Regional award winners have the opportunity to go on to the international final in which they compete with projects from each of the other RICS England regions, RICS Wales, RICS Scotland and RICS international heats.”
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 3 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 George Peasgood doubling up at Paralympics with cycling selection following triathlon call
Entries can be submitted by anyone involved with the project whether as a surveyor, owner, architect, contractor or team member.
If you are interested in entering a project to the RICS Awards 2011, e-mail email@example.com. To enter the RICS of England Awards 2011 online visit rics.org/callforentries or for more information visit rics.org/awards