Deadline approaches for Essex’s best buildings
THE deadline is fast approaching for the best buildings in Essex to be entered for a prestigious RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Award.
The RICS Awards celebrate the best new projects in the built and natural environment and cover four main categories: Building Conservation, Regeneration, Sustainability and Community Benefit, alongside a special ‘Project of the Year’ award.
Entries need to be submitted by January 21 and judging will take place in early spring.
Projects can be any size but must demonstrate excellence in one of the four categories.
Uttlesford has a strong track record in the awards with a previous winner including GE Sworder and Sons in Stansted which scooped the Sustainability Award in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Lead judge for the RICS East of England Awards Stephen Boniface FRICS said: “Every year we see a tremendous variety of entries and we’re hoping that Essex will once again be very well represented.
“Regional award winners have the opportunity to go on to the international final in which they compete with projects from each of the other RICS England regions, RICS Wales, RICS Scotland and RICS international heats.”
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 4 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
Entries can be submitted by anyone involved with the project whether as a surveyor, owner, architect, contractor or team member.
If you are interested in entering a project to the RICS Awards 2011, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To enter the RICS of England Awards 2011 online visit rics.org/callforentries or for more information visit rics.org/awards