Deadline approaches for Essex’s best buildings
THE deadline is fast approaching for the best buildings in Essex to be entered for a prestigious RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Award.
The RICS Awards celebrate the best new projects in the built and natural environment and cover four main categories: Building Conservation, Regeneration, Sustainability and Community Benefit, alongside a special ‘Project of the Year’ award.
Entries need to be submitted by January 21 and judging will take place in early spring.
Projects can be any size but must demonstrate excellence in one of the four categories.
Uttlesford has a strong track record in the awards with a previous winner including GE Sworder and Sons in Stansted which scooped the Sustainability Award in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Lead judge for the RICS East of England Awards Stephen Boniface FRICS said: “Every year we see a tremendous variety of entries and we’re hoping that Essex will once again be very well represented.
“Regional award winners have the opportunity to go on to the international final in which they compete with projects from each of the other RICS England regions, RICS Wales, RICS Scotland and RICS international heats.”
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Entries can be submitted by anyone involved with the project whether as a surveyor, owner, architect, contractor or team member.
If you are interested in entering a project to the RICS Awards 2011, e-mail email@example.com. To enter the RICS of England Awards 2011 online visit rics.org/callforentries or for more information visit rics.org/awards