Deadline approaches for Essex’s best buildings
THE deadline is fast approaching for the best buildings in Essex to be entered for a prestigious RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Award.
The RICS Awards celebrate the best new projects in the built and natural environment and cover four main categories: Building Conservation, Regeneration, Sustainability and Community Benefit, alongside a special ‘Project of the Year’ award.
Entries need to be submitted by January 21 and judging will take place in early spring.
Projects can be any size but must demonstrate excellence in one of the four categories.
Uttlesford has a strong track record in the awards with a previous winner including GE Sworder and Sons in Stansted which scooped the Sustainability Award in 2009.
Lead judge for the RICS East of England Awards Stephen Boniface FRICS said: “Every year we see a tremendous variety of entries and we’re hoping that Essex will once again be very well represented.
“Regional award winners have the opportunity to go on to the international final in which they compete with projects from each of the other RICS England regions, RICS Wales, RICS Scotland and RICS international heats.”
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
Entries can be submitted by anyone involved with the project whether as a surveyor, owner, architect, contractor or team member.
If you are interested in entering a project to the RICS Awards 2011, e-mail email@example.com. To enter the RICS of England Awards 2011 online visit rics.org/callforentries or for more information visit rics.org/awards