Deadline approaching for Essex County Council's Community Initiatives Fund grant
THE deadline for this year s Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) grant is approaching – there are just two weeks left to apply. If you are a community or voluntary group or a town or parish council, you may apply for funding for capital projects such as wo
THE deadline for this year's Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) grant is approaching - there are just two weeks left to apply.
If you are a community or voluntary group or a town or parish council, you may apply for funding for capital projects such as works to village halls, skate parks, play areas or public open spaces.
The CIF (Highways) is also open to applications and you can apply for projects such as zebra crossings, roundabouts, crossing points, village gateways or new stretches of pavement.
The deadline for applications for both grants is November 6 and you can download guidance notes and an application form from the website: www.communityinitiativesfund.co.uk You will also find information on the website on how to write a good bid and other sources of funding.
You may also want to watch:
Essex County councillor John Jowers, Cabinet Member for Localism, said: "The Community Initiative Fund is a great opportunity for Essex County Council to help the local community in lots of different ways.
"I would encourage anyone who thinks they have a worthwhile project which requires funding to apply straight away.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open