Deadline approaching for Essex County Council's Community Initiatives Fund grant
THE deadline for this year s Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) grant is approaching – there are just two weeks left to apply. If you are a community or voluntary group or a town or parish council, you may apply for funding for capital projects such as wo
THE deadline for this year's Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) grant is approaching - there are just two weeks left to apply.
If you are a community or voluntary group or a town or parish council, you may apply for funding for capital projects such as works to village halls, skate parks, play areas or public open spaces.
The CIF (Highways) is also open to applications and you can apply for projects such as zebra crossings, roundabouts, crossing points, village gateways or new stretches of pavement.
The deadline for applications for both grants is November 6 and you can download guidance notes and an application form from the website: www.communityinitiativesfund.co.uk You will also find information on the website on how to write a good bid and other sources of funding.
You may also want to watch:
Essex County councillor John Jowers, Cabinet Member for Localism, said: "The Community Initiative Fund is a great opportunity for Essex County Council to help the local community in lots of different ways.
"I would encourage anyone who thinks they have a worthwhile project which requires funding to apply straight away.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital