Deadline extended for flood-hit businesses to apply for financial support
- Credit: Archant
The deadline for businesses affected by flooding to apply for financial support has been extended.
Every small and medium-sized Uttlesford business is eligible to apply if it was impacted by the floods earlier this year, including those whose trade was affected. The new deadline is Friday June 13.
Grant funding of £22,500 has been received from central government and the district council has agreed to pass this on to businesses that lost out because of the flooding.
Claim for costs include the following:
• Immediate clear up costs (not covered by insurance)
• Removal of debris
• Non recoverable insurance excesses for repair or replacement of equipment and stock
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
• Non recoverable insurance excesses for repair or replacement of building structures
• Temporary Business Accommodation
• Extra staff costs
• Exceptional business costs (e.g. hire of dehumidifiers)
• Structural Surveys
• Security Measures
• Exceptional costs to improve access for suppliers or customers
• Significant loss of trade (very small or insignificant impacts will not be considered and this will be at the discretion of the awarding panel)
Cllr Robert Chambers, cabinet member for finance said: “We have already approved one claim and will shortly agree a second, but with the extension of the application deadline we hope that more local businesses will come forward so that we can pass on this funding allocation we have received from central government.”
Following the application deadline, all bids will be considered and businesses will be notified in the week commencing June 16 of the decision on its grant application. All grant payments awarded will be paid via BACS w/c June 23, or as soon as possible after that date.
Application forms are available at: uttlesford.gov.uk/businesssupportscheme
For further information, contact economic development officer Simon Jackson at email@example.com or on 01799 510521.