Deadline extended for flood-hit businesses to apply for financial support
- Credit: Archant
The deadline for businesses affected by flooding to apply for financial support has been extended.
Every small and medium-sized Uttlesford business is eligible to apply if it was impacted by the floods earlier this year, including those whose trade was affected. The new deadline is Friday June 13.
Grant funding of £22,500 has been received from central government and the district council has agreed to pass this on to businesses that lost out because of the flooding.
Claim for costs include the following:
• Immediate clear up costs (not covered by insurance)
You may also want to watch:
• Removal of debris
• Non recoverable insurance excesses for repair or replacement of equipment and stock
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 9 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
• Non recoverable insurance excesses for repair or replacement of building structures
• Temporary Business Accommodation
• Extra staff costs
• Exceptional business costs (e.g. hire of dehumidifiers)
• Structural Surveys
• Security Measures
• Exceptional costs to improve access for suppliers or customers
• Significant loss of trade (very small or insignificant impacts will not be considered and this will be at the discretion of the awarding panel)
Cllr Robert Chambers, cabinet member for finance said: “We have already approved one claim and will shortly agree a second, but with the extension of the application deadline we hope that more local businesses will come forward so that we can pass on this funding allocation we have received from central government.”
Following the application deadline, all bids will be considered and businesses will be notified in the week commencing June 16 of the decision on its grant application. All grant payments awarded will be paid via BACS w/c June 23, or as soon as possible after that date.
Application forms are available at: uttlesford.gov.uk/businesssupportscheme
For further information, contact economic development officer Simon Jackson at email@example.com or on 01799 510521.