Deadline extended for Sainsbury's and Tesco expansion plans in Saffron Walden
THE deadline for people to submit their comments regarding the planning applications submitted by Sainsbury s and Tesco has been extended. People now have until Wednesday December 23 to express their views on either of the supermarket developments planned
THE deadline for people to submit their comments regarding the planning applications submitted by Sainsbury's and Tesco has been extended.
People now have until Wednesday December 23 to express their views on either of the supermarket developments planned for Saffron Walden.
Tesco has submitted plans to expand its existing store on Radwinter Road and Sainsbury's wants to build a new supermarket on Thaxted Road.
A spokesman for Uttlesford District Council's (UDC's) planning department said: "Due to the high level of interest in the Sainsbury's and Tesco applications, and the temporary unavailability online of some of the documents associated with each one, the deadline for comments has been pushed back to Wednesday December 23.
You may also want to watch:
"Comments received after this date will be registered, but the council asks that the closing date is adhered wherever possible to ensure planning officers have time to fully consider all representations in their recommendations."
To view either of the plans visit UDC's website at www.uttlesford.gov.uk or contact the council on 01799 510369 for more information.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
You can submit your comments to UDC by writing to Planning Department, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, CB11 4ER or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The planning reference number for Tesco is UTT/1323/09 and for Sainsbury's is UTT/1451/09.