Deadline extended for Sainsbury's and Tesco expansion plans in Saffron Walden
THE deadline for people to submit their comments regarding the planning applications submitted by Sainsbury s and Tesco has been extended. People now have until Wednesday December 23 to express their views on either of the supermarket developments planned
THE deadline for people to submit their comments regarding the planning applications submitted by Sainsbury's and Tesco has been extended.
People now have until Wednesday December 23 to express their views on either of the supermarket developments planned for Saffron Walden.
Tesco has submitted plans to expand its existing store on Radwinter Road and Sainsbury's wants to build a new supermarket on Thaxted Road.
A spokesman for Uttlesford District Council's (UDC's) planning department said: "Due to the high level of interest in the Sainsbury's and Tesco applications, and the temporary unavailability online of some of the documents associated with each one, the deadline for comments has been pushed back to Wednesday December 23.
You may also want to watch:
"Comments received after this date will be registered, but the council asks that the closing date is adhered wherever possible to ensure planning officers have time to fully consider all representations in their recommendations."
To view either of the plans visit UDC's website at www.uttlesford.gov.uk or contact the council on 01799 510369 for more information.
- 1 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 6 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 7 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 8 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 9 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments
You can submit your comments to UDC by writing to Planning Department, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, CB11 4ER or email them at email@example.com.
The planning reference number for Tesco is UTT/1323/09 and for Sainsbury's is UTT/1451/09.