Dealer hid crack in pants
A DRUG dealer has been jailed for two years after he was caught with crack cocaine hidden in his underwear.
Harry White, 23, of Minerva Way, Cambridge, was stopped by officers at 9pm on January 6 last year after he was spotted loitering around a garage block in Campkin Road.
Officers searched him and found �480 in cash, a mobile phone and one large wrap containing 21 packages worth a total of �210 in between his buttocks.
The drugs were seized along with White’s phone on which officers found texts from him offering to supply drugs.
White pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply class A drugs but claimed he only supplied to his friends. However, Judge Haworth ruled he was guilty of street dealing.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment at Cambridge Crown Court on Tuesday (September 18).
The cash was confiscated and the judge ordered the destruction of his drugs and mobile phone.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
PC Tom Gallagher, who stopped White, said: “This is a great result for police to prevent a dealer from supplying cocaine on the streets of Cambridge.
“We are pleased with the sentencing. It sends a strong message that drug dealing will not be tolerated in the city of Cambridge.”