Dealer hid crack in pants
A DRUG dealer has been jailed for two years after he was caught with crack cocaine hidden in his underwear.
Harry White, 23, of Minerva Way, Cambridge, was stopped by officers at 9pm on January 6 last year after he was spotted loitering around a garage block in Campkin Road.
Officers searched him and found �480 in cash, a mobile phone and one large wrap containing 21 packages worth a total of �210 in between his buttocks.
The drugs were seized along with White’s phone on which officers found texts from him offering to supply drugs.
White pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply class A drugs but claimed he only supplied to his friends. However, Judge Haworth ruled he was guilty of street dealing.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment at Cambridge Crown Court on Tuesday (September 18).
The cash was confiscated and the judge ordered the destruction of his drugs and mobile phone.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
PC Tom Gallagher, who stopped White, said: “This is a great result for police to prevent a dealer from supplying cocaine on the streets of Cambridge.
“We are pleased with the sentencing. It sends a strong message that drug dealing will not be tolerated in the city of Cambridge.”