Dealer hid crack in pants
A DRUG dealer has been jailed for two years after he was caught with crack cocaine hidden in his underwear.
Harry White, 23, of Minerva Way, Cambridge, was stopped by officers at 9pm on January 6 last year after he was spotted loitering around a garage block in Campkin Road.
Officers searched him and found �480 in cash, a mobile phone and one large wrap containing 21 packages worth a total of �210 in between his buttocks.
The drugs were seized along with White’s phone on which officers found texts from him offering to supply drugs.
White pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply class A drugs but claimed he only supplied to his friends. However, Judge Haworth ruled he was guilty of street dealing.
He was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment at Cambridge Crown Court on Tuesday (September 18).
The cash was confiscated and the judge ordered the destruction of his drugs and mobile phone.
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 3 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
PC Tom Gallagher, who stopped White, said: “This is a great result for police to prevent a dealer from supplying cocaine on the streets of Cambridge.
“We are pleased with the sentencing. It sends a strong message that drug dealing will not be tolerated in the city of Cambridge.”