Debenhams to use size 16 mannequins
DEBENHAMS announced today that size 16 mannequins will appear in its windows in a trial to gain feedback from customers to see if they like the idea.Like most retailers Debenhams currently uses standard size 10 mannequins in all its window displays. Howe
DEBENHAMS announced today that size 16 mannequins will appear in its windows in a trial to gain feedback from customers to see if they like the idea.
Like most retailers Debenhams currently uses standard size 10 mannequins in all its window displays. However the majority of women in the UK are either a 14 or 16.
Signage next to the mannequins, which will be wearing the recently launched Principles by Ben de Lisi range, will ask customers 'I'm a size 16, do you want to see more of me?'
Debenhams stocks up to size 26 in its womenswear department, and a huge 42 per cent of sales come from size 14 and 16 garments.
Debenhams Head of Creative, Mark Stevens, said: "We are proud to offer a broad and varied choice for women of all ages, shapes and sizes in store. So we thought we should reflect this in our window displays. If it's popular with customers we would love to roll it out"
Susan Ringwood, Chief Executive of charity Beat supports the Debenhams trial, said: "Women often feel it is their fault that clothes don't look as good on them as they do in the shop window, so we congratulate Debenhams on taking this initiative."
- 1 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 7 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
Mark Fast caused waves when he sent size 12 and 14 models down his catwalk last London Fashion Week, and gorgeous size 16 model Crystal Ren has had a huge impact on the fashion industry recently.
The window, which celebrates a realistic interpretation of the British female physique, was unveiled yesterday (Thursday February 18) at its Oxford Street branch. The Size 16 mannequins can be seen in the newly launched Principles by Ben De Lisi window as Debenhams.
The initiative will be later rolled out across the country, again to get feedback from customers.