Developer donation will help support Saffron Walden scheme for young people with disabilities
- Credit: Archant
A charity which runs leisure activities for young people with disabilities has been given a £500 boost by a developer.
Harlow-based charity Accuro runs two weekly youth clubs in Uttlesford, one in Saffron Walden on Monday evenings and one in Great Dunmow on Wednesday evenings for young people with disabilities aged from 11 to 19.
The charity was chosen as the beneficiary of the one-off fund offered by Taylor Wimpey as a gesture of goodwill following traffic delays associated with roadworks in Saffron Walden last year.
The housebuilder has apologised for inconvenience caused after an unforeseen problem led to temporary traffic lights being in operation in Radwinter Road for longer than had previously been anticipated.
Gemma Rich, who co-ordinates the Under 19s project for Accuro, says: “The money will go towards so many different activities – £500 will make a big difference to us, so we’d like to thank Taylor Wimpey for the donation.
“The youth clubs give the young people the opportunity to make new friends and socialise, and parents have said to us that they are a lifeline.”
Michael O’Leary, regional sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey, says: “We are pleased this donation will help to support Accuro’s vital work with young people with disabilities.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 5 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 6 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 7 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 8 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 Penalty heartbreak for Saffron Walden as FA Vase dreams come to an end
“We thought a donation to this important cause would be the best way we could show our appreciation to the people of Saffron Walden for their patience with the traffic delays last year.”