Dignity in care the focus of regional conference
DIGNITY in care was the focus of a special regional conference held in Cambridgeshire yesterday (Wednesday).
The East of England Ambulance Service was one of several organisations which took part in the NHS Midlands and East organised event, at Chilford Hall near Linton.
Speakers included Jan Sir Keith Pearson, chairman of the NHS Confederation, and Karen Webb from the Royal College of Nursing.
The Trust’s Essex clinical general manager Matthew Broad and paramedics and dignity champions Michael Collins and Nicki Broad set up a popular display stand to speak to visitors about the recently launched dignity charter and commitment in the Trust.
They also handed out in-depth articles and showed them copies of Pain:an ambulance perspective - the new book from the ambulance service - to reinforce the dignity message.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Collins, who is based at Harwich station and is the EEAST dignity spokesman, said: “The day gave us a really good opportunity to reinforce our belief that ‘dignity in care’ is a fundamental part of patient care which affects not just the organisation but the individual clinicians.
“Our own staff already do a great deal to make dignity a central part of assessing and treating patients, and we hope that by speaking with partner and other community-based organisations at the conference that we’re setting an example of others to follow.” hope to set an example for to follow.”
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
For more information on dignity visit dignityincare.org.uk and eastamb.nhs.uk, follow @dignitycare and @EastEnglandAmb.