Dignity in care the focus of regional conference
DIGNITY in care was the focus of a special regional conference held in Cambridgeshire yesterday (Wednesday).
The East of England Ambulance Service was one of several organisations which took part in the NHS Midlands and East organised event, at Chilford Hall near Linton.
Speakers included Jan Sir Keith Pearson, chairman of the NHS Confederation, and Karen Webb from the Royal College of Nursing.
The Trust’s Essex clinical general manager Matthew Broad and paramedics and dignity champions Michael Collins and Nicki Broad set up a popular display stand to speak to visitors about the recently launched dignity charter and commitment in the Trust.
They also handed out in-depth articles and showed them copies of Pain:an ambulance perspective - the new book from the ambulance service - to reinforce the dignity message.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Collins, who is based at Harwich station and is the EEAST dignity spokesman, said: “The day gave us a really good opportunity to reinforce our belief that ‘dignity in care’ is a fundamental part of patient care which affects not just the organisation but the individual clinicians.
“Our own staff already do a great deal to make dignity a central part of assessing and treating patients, and we hope that by speaking with partner and other community-based organisations at the conference that we’re setting an example of others to follow.” hope to set an example for to follow.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
For more information on dignity visit dignityincare.org.uk and eastamb.nhs.uk, follow @dignitycare and @EastEnglandAmb.