Director from ChickenShed joins HyperFusion Theatre Company
A PROFESSIONAL theatre company has welcomed a talented new director to its artistic team.
HyperFusion announced this week that Rachel Yates is to join its theatre training centre in Saffron Walden.
Rachel trained in theatre in Liverpool before moving to London where she gained her degree in performing arts.
After working as head of dance programming at the Islington Arts Factory, head of dance at Barnet College and a lecturer at Middlesex University, she joined the famous Chickenshed Theatre Company in 1998 as associate director where she currently teaches, choreographs, performs and directs main-house performances.
She has a raft of award-winning productions under her belt while, outside of theatre work, Rachel has choreographed music videos for Temper Trap, Massive Attack and Adam Buxton’s Bugs in collaboration with award-winning director Dougal Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Ellis, HyperFusion’s artistic director, said: “We are so thrilled to have another talented member of the theatre industry with such a high calibre to be teaching at the centre and look forward to many more performance opportunities.”
HyperFusion is currently taking applications from young people between the ages of 5-16 for their theatre training and have-a-try-out day for anyone interested on Saturday (September 15).
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
Register interest via e-mail to email@example.com or call Sarah Ellis on 06909 960490, or visit hyperfusion.co.uk