Discover the joy of singing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus - and raise money for Children in Need
ONE of the most rousing choruses ever written will be sung in Saffron Walden to raise money for Children in Need. And the Saffron Walden Choral Society and St Mary s Church Choir are invited visitors to join them in a one-off performance of Handel s
ONE of the most rousing choruses ever written will be sung in Saffron Walden to raise money for Children in Need.
And the Saffron Walden Choral Society and St Mary's Church Choir are invited visitors to join them in a one-off performance of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus, from the Messiah, in the beautiful surroundings of St Mary's Church.
The event is part of the BBC and English National Opera's project, 'Sing Hallelujah', encouraging people across the UK to find their voice and discover the joy of singing through the famous chorus.
Why not pop along and raise the roof on Saturday October 31 at 10.45am? No formal musical experience is needed to join in the singing, just lots of enthusiasm.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be recorded and broadcast by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire on Matt Jamison's Easy Sunday programme.
Entrance is free, although a suggested �5 donation per singer to Children in Need. Children accompanied by an adult will be welcome.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 4 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 5 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
Saffron Walden Choral Society and the Chameleon Arts Baroque Orchestra, conducted by Janet Wheeler, will be giving a complete performance of the Messiah at St Mary's Church on Saturday November 7 at 7.30pm.
For more information and to download a score visit www.waldenhallelujah.org.uk