Discover the world’s most interesting inventions this half-term at Audley End House and Gardens
IF you’re searching for inspiration to keep the children entertained this February half term, why not pop down to Audley End House & Gardens which sees the return of the highly popular Time Travellers Go... events.
End House & Gardens which sees the return of the highly popular Time Travellers Go... events.
From Wednesday to Sunday (Feb 23-27), between 10am-4pm, children aged five to 15 can join the Time Travellers at the ‘Discoveries & Inventions’ event which will see them travel back through the ages to discover some of the world’s most interesting and exciting inventions.
Participants will journey through the history of time using model clocks and discover the key inventions of medicine which have shaped our world today.
Children will also have the chance to play a variety of traditional Victorian games and take part in a fun trail around the grounds, while discovering fascinating facts about Victorian inventions.
You may also want to watch:
Events manager for English Heritage Lucy Hutchings said: “Last year our series of Time Travellers Go... events really captured children’s imaginations and were tremendously successful. The the series gives children the opportunity to take a unique journey to the past, meet new friends and explore history in a creative way.”
Visitors can also pop into the Service Wing or the newly-restored Stables at Audley End. A costumed 1880s groom will be on hand to demonstrate the work involved in looking after the horses, such as grooming and preparing them for riding.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
“We have an exciting line-up of activities throughout 2011 which will appeal to children and adults alike and Time Travellers Go… is a great start to the year,” concludes Lucy.
English Heritage members: Free
Non members: Grounds only price Adult �8.30 / Child 5-15 years, �4.20 / Concession �7.10 / Family �20.80
For more information contact Audley End House & Gardens on 01799 522399.