Discover your inner warrior and take on the Spartan Race
- Credit: Archant
Disability charity Papworth Trust is searching for thrill seekers in the Uttlesford area to take part in an adrenalin-filled 5km obstacle course race.
The Cambridge Reebok Spartan Race is an endurance event filled with mud runs, obstacles and trail racing. It will take place at the training area Carver Barracks, on September 7.
Papworth Trust has 50 places in the race and is looking for people who are up for taking on the challenge and raising funds to support their work.
Andrea Chupacova, the trust’s community fundraiser, said; “Support Papworth Trust and take on the challenge of the Spartan Race. Test your true grit and determination with this thrilling obstacle course – if you love extreme pursuits like mud racing this event is perfect.
“We ask that you raise a minimum sponsorship of £75 for us, but our fundraising team will be there to support you every step of the way. All funds you raise will help us to support disabled people in the local community through services such as our youth clubs, which give young disabled people the chance to learn new skills and make friends.”
You may also want to watch:
The registration fee is £35 per person (you can run on your own or as a team). You need to be aged 14 and over to take part.
To register your place or to find out more, contact Papworth Trust’s fundraising team on 01480 357206 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 3 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir
- 6 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier