Do you know this man? CCTV released in attempt to trace cyclist who allegedly punched Uttlesford bus driver in the face
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image in a bid to trace a cyclist who allegedly assaulted a bus driver in Uttlesford.
The man, pictured above, is said to have boarded the bus and got involved in a verbal altercation with the driver when the vehicle stopped to let passengers off outside the Guildhall in Thaxted at about 11.20am on July 4.
The driver was reportedly punched twice and suffered swelling to his left cheek bone.
Officers said the bus had overtaken a group of three cyclists between Broxted and Thaxted shortly before the incident happened.
Police are appealing for the cyclist involved in the altercation to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Pc Sonia Green at Saffron Walden police station on 101.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 6 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer