Doctors sign lease for new Stansted health centre
- Credit: Archant
A new health centre for Stansted Mountfitchet has progressed to the next phase with the completion of formalities between GP Partners at Stansted Surgery and developer Hilton Properties.
The paperwork was formalised on Tuesday and construction on the new Lower Street facility continues. The health centre will host GP services and have space for a pharmacy, dentist, community health services, shops and flats. Stansted Surgery, currently on St John’s Road, will move into the new premises, which is set to open in autumn 2016.
The health centre is being developed by Hilton Properties.
Dr Sue Humphrey, GP at Stansted Surgery, said: “I’m absolutely thrilled that now the lease is signed we can think about moving into the new facilities next year. This is an exciting time for Stansted residents as they can look forward to having a state of the art health centre on their doorstep.”
She added: Not only will the new facilities improve people’s experience of GP services but there are also plans for pharmacy and dentistry services to be available here too.”
You may also want to watch:
Clare Morris, chief officer at West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group welcomed the formalities being completed.
- 1 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 10 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain