Doctors sign lease for new Stansted health centre
- Credit: Archant
A new health centre for Stansted Mountfitchet has progressed to the next phase with the completion of formalities between GP Partners at Stansted Surgery and developer Hilton Properties.
The paperwork was formalised on Tuesday and construction on the new Lower Street facility continues. The health centre will host GP services and have space for a pharmacy, dentist, community health services, shops and flats. Stansted Surgery, currently on St John’s Road, will move into the new premises, which is set to open in autumn 2016.
The health centre is being developed by Hilton Properties.
Dr Sue Humphrey, GP at Stansted Surgery, said: “I’m absolutely thrilled that now the lease is signed we can think about moving into the new facilities next year. This is an exciting time for Stansted residents as they can look forward to having a state of the art health centre on their doorstep.”
She added: Not only will the new facilities improve people’s experience of GP services but there are also plans for pharmacy and dentistry services to be available here too.”
You may also want to watch:
Clare Morris, chief officer at West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group welcomed the formalities being completed.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost