Dodo bones and daleks at auction house’s upcoming ‘out of the ordinary’ sale
- Credit: Archant
One of the rarest items ever to come up for sale at a Stansted auction house is expected to attract plenty of interest.
A bone belonging to the famously extinct dodo is going under the hammer at Sworders on February 13, as part of the firm’s inaugural ‘out of the ordinary’ sale.
Also expected to pique the interest of bidders is a presentation draft of Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses, a David Linley for Dunhill architectural jewellery box a copy of Marilyn Monroe’s first magazine cover, dating to 1946, and a full-size replica Dalek.
“Whether you are into classic design, traditional antiques, retro, contemporary art or historical oddities, this sale will have something for you,” said consultant specialist Mark Wilkinson.
The dodo bone is expected to fetch between £2-3,000, while the replica Dalek, made popular on the TV series Doctor Who, is estimated at £1,200-1,800.
For more information about the upcoming sale, log on to www.sworder.co.uk.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 6 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter