Dodo bones and daleks at auction house’s upcoming ‘out of the ordinary’ sale
- Credit: Archant
One of the rarest items ever to come up for sale at a Stansted auction house is expected to attract plenty of interest.
A bone belonging to the famously extinct dodo is going under the hammer at Sworders on February 13, as part of the firm’s inaugural ‘out of the ordinary’ sale.
Also expected to pique the interest of bidders is a presentation draft of Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses, a David Linley for Dunhill architectural jewellery box a copy of Marilyn Monroe’s first magazine cover, dating to 1946, and a full-size replica Dalek.
“Whether you are into classic design, traditional antiques, retro, contemporary art or historical oddities, this sale will have something for you,” said consultant specialist Mark Wilkinson.
The dodo bone is expected to fetch between £2-3,000, while the replica Dalek, made popular on the TV series Doctor Who, is estimated at £1,200-1,800.
For more information about the upcoming sale, log on to www.sworder.co.uk.
- 1 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 7 £13k raised for good causes at Saffron Walden Bonfire Night
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Uttlesford climate change plan goes back to the drawing board
- 10 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote