Dog owners urged to join Winter Walkies for St Clare Hospice
DOG owners are being encouraged to get their wellies on for the Winter Walkies to raise money for St Clare Hospice.
Walkers – and their dogs – will set off from St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood at 10.30am for a 5km sponsored country walk on Sunday, January 27. Everybody is welcome to join in, with or without a dog.
Grace Clutton, the Hospice’s events fundraiser, said: “Why not bring your family for a New Year stroll? After the 5km walk round the local countryside there will be treats and even a medal for the pooches, and soup and rolls will be provided for the owners.”
There will be prizes for the best Dog - Owner Lookalike as well as Wackiest Wellies.
Entry costs �10 per adult (�5 per child or �27.50 per family - two adults, two children) which includes hot refreshments. Sign up as places are limited.
You can register online at stclarehospice.org.uk/winterwalkies.html or call 01279 773750 for a registration form.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation