Dog owners urged to join Winter Walkies for St Clare Hospice
DOG owners are being encouraged to get their wellies on for the Winter Walkies to raise money for St Clare Hospice.
Walkers – and their dogs – will set off from St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood at 10.30am for a 5km sponsored country walk on Sunday, January 27. Everybody is welcome to join in, with or without a dog.
Grace Clutton, the Hospice’s events fundraiser, said: “Why not bring your family for a New Year stroll? After the 5km walk round the local countryside there will be treats and even a medal for the pooches, and soup and rolls will be provided for the owners.”
There will be prizes for the best Dog - Owner Lookalike as well as Wackiest Wellies.
Entry costs �10 per adult (�5 per child or �27.50 per family - two adults, two children) which includes hot refreshments. Sign up as places are limited.
You may also want to watch:
You can register online at stclarehospice.org.uk/winterwalkies.html or call 01279 773750 for a registration form.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal