Dog owners urged to join Winter Walkies for St Clare Hospice
DOG owners are being encouraged to get their wellies on for the Winter Walkies to raise money for St Clare Hospice.
Walkers – and their dogs – will set off from St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood at 10.30am for a 5km sponsored country walk on Sunday, January 27. Everybody is welcome to join in, with or without a dog.
Grace Clutton, the Hospice’s events fundraiser, said: “Why not bring your family for a New Year stroll? After the 5km walk round the local countryside there will be treats and even a medal for the pooches, and soup and rolls will be provided for the owners.”
There will be prizes for the best Dog - Owner Lookalike as well as Wackiest Wellies.
Entry costs �10 per adult (�5 per child or �27.50 per family - two adults, two children) which includes hot refreshments. Sign up as places are limited.
You may also want to watch:
You can register online at stclarehospice.org.uk/winterwalkies.html or call 01279 773750 for a registration form.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40