Dog owners urged to join Winter Walkies for St Clare Hospice
DOG owners are being encouraged to get their wellies on for the Winter Walkies to raise money for St Clare Hospice.
Walkers – and their dogs – will set off from St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood at 10.30am for a 5km sponsored country walk on Sunday, January 27. Everybody is welcome to join in, with or without a dog.
Grace Clutton, the Hospice’s events fundraiser, said: “Why not bring your family for a New Year stroll? After the 5km walk round the local countryside there will be treats and even a medal for the pooches, and soup and rolls will be provided for the owners.”
There will be prizes for the best Dog - Owner Lookalike as well as Wackiest Wellies.
Entry costs �10 per adult (�5 per child or �27.50 per family - two adults, two children) which includes hot refreshments. Sign up as places are limited.
You may also want to watch:
You can register online at stclarehospice.org.uk/winterwalkies.html or call 01279 773750 for a registration form.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out