Dog walking couple sought in connection with an alleged assault in Uttlesford farmer’s field
Police are asking dog walkers to come forward with information about an alleged assault in an Uttlesford farmer’s field.
The man and woman were found walking through Absol Park Farm in North End, Dunmow, at 3.30pm on October 21.
The 42-year-old male landowner verbally challenged the duo on his property, but was reportedly met by a volley of abuse and allegedly threatened with violence.
Investigating officer, Pc Laura Williams, said: “The farmer was able to take a picture of the couple on his mobile. The man allegedly grabbed him and then put a fist to his face.
“As he was doing so, the woman was said to be encouraging him to hit him. We want to identify these two and obtain their account of the confrontation.”
The couple had been walking a large brown dog. The man is described as white and in his 50s.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact investigating officers at Chelmsford police station on 101.
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'