Dog walking couple sought in connection with an alleged assault in Uttlesford farmer’s field
Police are asking dog walkers to come forward with information about an alleged assault in an Uttlesford farmer’s field.
The man and woman were found walking through Absol Park Farm in North End, Dunmow, at 3.30pm on October 21.
The 42-year-old male landowner verbally challenged the duo on his property, but was reportedly met by a volley of abuse and allegedly threatened with violence.
Investigating officer, Pc Laura Williams, said: “The farmer was able to take a picture of the couple on his mobile. The man allegedly grabbed him and then put a fist to his face.
“As he was doing so, the woman was said to be encouraging him to hit him. We want to identify these two and obtain their account of the confrontation.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple had been walking a large brown dog. The man is described as white and in his 50s.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact investigating officers at Chelmsford police station on 101.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 10 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days