Double car fire being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are today investigating after two cars were destroyed by a fire in a communal car park in Saffron Walden last night (Thursday).
The vehicles, in Hadleigh Court, off Carnation Drive, were 100 per cent ablaze, according to firefighters, and a van is also likely to be written off after the flames spread.
The fire is being treated as suspicious and the incident is subject to an on-going fire and police investigation.
One fire crew from Saffron Walden attended the scene but a second was soon called on due to the additional manpower and water needed to tackle the blaze.
They used three hose reel jets of water backed up by a nearby fire hydrant and two firefighters were deployed with breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Police are making attempts to contact the owners of the damaged vehicles.
Detectives will revisit the scene today (Friday).
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out