Double car fire being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are today investigating after two cars were destroyed by a fire in a communal car park in Saffron Walden last night (Thursday).
The vehicles, in Hadleigh Court, off Carnation Drive, were 100 per cent ablaze, according to firefighters, and a van is also likely to be written off after the flames spread.
The fire is being treated as suspicious and the incident is subject to an on-going fire and police investigation.
One fire crew from Saffron Walden attended the scene but a second was soon called on due to the additional manpower and water needed to tackle the blaze.
They used three hose reel jets of water backed up by a nearby fire hydrant and two firefighters were deployed with breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
Police are making attempts to contact the owners of the damaged vehicles.
Detectives will revisit the scene today (Friday).
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation