Double car fire being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are today investigating after two cars were destroyed by a fire in a communal car park in Saffron Walden last night (Thursday).
The vehicles, in Hadleigh Court, off Carnation Drive, were 100 per cent ablaze, according to firefighters, and a van is also likely to be written off after the flames spread.
The fire is being treated as suspicious and the incident is subject to an on-going fire and police investigation.
One fire crew from Saffron Walden attended the scene but a second was soon called on due to the additional manpower and water needed to tackle the blaze.
They used three hose reel jets of water backed up by a nearby fire hydrant and two firefighters were deployed with breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Police are making attempts to contact the owners of the damaged vehicles.
Detectives will revisit the scene today (Friday).
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords