Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- Credit: Supplied by Bidwells
Developers want to build 49 new homes in Thaxted.
Vistry Homes has submitted outline plans to build the homes on 4.5 hectares of land to the east of Wedow Road, Thaxted.
Of the 49 homes, 20 would be 'affordable'.
Property consultancy Bidwells, acting on behalf of Vistry Homes, said there was a strong case for new housing in Thaxted.
A Bidwells report says: "The development of the site is identified as having some negative impacts on landscape character and the nearby heritage assets."
You may also want to watch:
The report said negative impacts could be mitigated with developers promising to focus on architectural detailing which protect the "integrity of Thaxted's townscape".
Uttlesford District Council is accepting comments on the outline plans until July 8 via its Planning Portal (Reference: UTT/21/1836/OP, https://publicaccess.uttlesford.gov.uk/).
Some residents have already submitted comments, raising concerns around developers' lorries, and a lack of school places and GP appointment slots.
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
"Thaxted is being swamped with new houses," one wrote.