Dragon’s Den entrepreneur drops in to inspire Newport business students
- Credit: Archant
AN entrepreneur made famous by the TV show Dragons Den paid a visit to business studies students last week.
Chris Barnardo, who invented the first ever magic wand remote control as well as the Top Trumps game ‘Plop Trumps’, spoke to Year 9 pupils at Newport Free Grammar School about starting their own business.
His visit was arranged by student Sophie King. She said: “We had been learning about entrepreneurs and starting up a business in our lessons, and as part of our entrepreneur research project we all challenged to email our chosen entrepreneur.
“I really liked Chris’ product, and found out he lived very near to Newport Free Grammar School, so I emailed him asking if he’d be interested in coming in to talk to us. I was very shocked and excited when he said that he would love to.”
Mr Barnardo talked about his business and what it was like being on Dragon’s Den.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie added: “He gave us inspiration about what was important in starting a business, such as hard work and how he never gave up whenever he faced a problem.
“His talk fits perfectly into the topics we have been learning at school, especially as the year 9 business classes are currently doing a Dragon’s Den-style project.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40