Dragon’s Den entrepreneur drops in to inspire Newport business students
- Credit: Archant
AN entrepreneur made famous by the TV show Dragons Den paid a visit to business studies students last week.
Chris Barnardo, who invented the first ever magic wand remote control as well as the Top Trumps game ‘Plop Trumps’, spoke to Year 9 pupils at Newport Free Grammar School about starting their own business.
His visit was arranged by student Sophie King. She said: “We had been learning about entrepreneurs and starting up a business in our lessons, and as part of our entrepreneur research project we all challenged to email our chosen entrepreneur.
“I really liked Chris’ product, and found out he lived very near to Newport Free Grammar School, so I emailed him asking if he’d be interested in coming in to talk to us. I was very shocked and excited when he said that he would love to.”
Mr Barnardo talked about his business and what it was like being on Dragon’s Den.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie added: “He gave us inspiration about what was important in starting a business, such as hard work and how he never gave up whenever he faced a problem.
“His talk fits perfectly into the topics we have been learning at school, especially as the year 9 business classes are currently doing a Dragon’s Den-style project.”
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal