Driver stuck in vehicle for two-and-a-half hours in collision
- Credit: Archant
A woman was trapped in a vehicle for nearly two-and-a-half hours after a Little Chesterford collision yesterday evening (Thursday, April 22).
Two Saffron Walden fire crews were called to a two-car crash on the B184 (Walden Road) at 5.28pm.
Crews rescued the trapped driver by 7.56pm.
She was left in the care of the ambulance service.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “An ambulance attended a road traffic collision on Walden Road in Little Chesterford just after 6.30pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
"An adult female was transported to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”
Two vehicles were involved in the collision.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
According to the latest information on CrashMap, there have been three serious incidents since 2016 along Walden Road between Saffron Walden and the M11 at Stump Cross.
No collisions were reported along the route in 2020.