Driver killed in crash is named
A MAN who died in a car crash on a country road near Thaxted has been named.
Alan Moore, 62, of Bardfield Road, Thaxted, was driving his grey Vauxhall Corsa when it was involved in a collision with a blue Range Rover in Bolford Street, Debden Green, last Wednesday morning (June 6).
Police were called to the incident at about 7.50am and the road remained closed for a couple of hours while officers carried out an investigation into what happened.
Mr Moore was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Range Rover driver received minor injuries and was badly shaken.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for information from witnesses who have not already spoken to them and would like to hear from anyone with details about events leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should call Pc Mike Lucas 101 or email email@example.com
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event