Driver killed in crash is named
A MAN who died in a car crash on a country road near Thaxted has been named.
Alan Moore, 62, of Bardfield Road, Thaxted, was driving his grey Vauxhall Corsa when it was involved in a collision with a blue Range Rover in Bolford Street, Debden Green, last Wednesday morning (June 6).
Police were called to the incident at about 7.50am and the road remained closed for a couple of hours while officers carried out an investigation into what happened.
Mr Moore was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Range Rover driver received minor injuries and was badly shaken.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for information from witnesses who have not already spoken to them and would like to hear from anyone with details about events leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should call Pc Mike Lucas 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex