Driver swerves to avoid object thrown from bridge in Braintree
A DRIVER had to swerve to miss a piece of wood thrown from the footbridge over the A120 at Braintree.
Police officers are asking parents to ensure that it is not their children committing this dangerous act.
At about 2.30pm on Saturday a driver reported she had to swerve when a small piece of wood was dropped from footbridge over the A120, near the B1417 Rayne Road, and she thought that it was a child/youth who had dropped the item.
Police immediately searched the area, using both local officers and the force helicopter but no one was found.
Chief inspector Rachel Nolan said: “This is serious, and it is fortunate that this incident did not result in any injuries. These children may think it is just a game but it is very stupid and dangerous.
You may also want to watch:
“I would ask parents to please talk to your children and make sure that it is not them committing this offence.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Braintree police station on 101.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive