Drug raids carried out across Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire
DRUG raids have taken place across the region with properties in Great Chesterford, Burton End, Ickleton and Little Hadham all being targeted. Officers seized a quantity of illegal substances – believed to be cannabis and cocaine – and four people were ar
DRUG raids have taken place across the region with properties in Great Chesterford, Burton End, Ickleton and Little Hadham all being targeted.
Officers seized a quantity of illegal substances - believed to be cannabis and cocaine - and four people were arrested.
The series of coordinated police strikes, codenamed Operation Flay, saw officers from Essex, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire executing simultaneous search warrants.
District commander for Uttlesford, Chf Insp Joe Wrigley, said: "This excellent cross-border collaboration culminated in the successful execution of these warrants which, in turn, resulted in these arrests and the useful gathering of intelligence on drug-dealing in the counties.
You may also want to watch:
"We are all determined to eradicate such a menace to society and this operation is a clear illustration that, as far as criminality goes, there are no borders which criminals can hide behind."
In Great Chesterford a 24-year-old man was arrested in Jackson's Lane on suspicion of being in possession of a Class B drug with intent to supply.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
A 44-year-old man from the Sawston area and a 20-year-old woman from Saffron Walden were also arrested in Ickleton on suspicion of being in possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply.
At the property in Little Hadham, Hertfordshire Constabulary officers found a small quantity of cannabis which was seized. Nobody was arrested.
And at a property in Burton End, a 37-year-old man from the Bishop's Stortford area was issued with a police caution after being found in possession of cannabis.