Dunmow and Stansted women dance with Strictly Come Dancing start Anton Du Beke at airport launch of Austria flight
- Credit: Archant
Two lucky women got to waltz with Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke at Stansted Airport yesterday (Wednesday).
The celebrity dancer was at the airport to launch Eurowings’ new flight to Vienna and as well as teaching Stansted managing director Andrew Harrison a few steps, Mr Du Beke was on hand to dance with competition winners.
Ann Lee from Stansted Mountfitchet and Georgine Arme from Great Dunmow won a social media competition to dance with Mr Du Beke, who is currently performing with Katie Derham on the TV show.
Mr Harrison said: “We’re delighted that Anton was able to join us to celebrate the launch of Eurowings’ new route to Vienna. The Austrian capital is yet another fantastic new addition to Stansted’s extensive route network which already serves more scheduled destinations in Europe than any other UK airport.
“The new six-times a week service gives passengers even more choice this winter, appealing to UK travellers eager to explore one of Europe’s most beautiful cities as well as providing an affordable and convenient gateway to London and the East of England for visitors arriving from Austria.
You may also want to watch:
“Stansted is the UK’s fastest growing airport serving more than 22 million passengers a year and we’re determined to offer our passengers even more new destinations and services so we’re delighted Eurowings has chosen Stansted to launch its services between London and Vienna.”
Oliver Wagner, chief commercial officer of Eurowings: “We’re delighted with the colourful and warm welcome here at Stansted Airport. Stansted is among the inaugural routes we are offering from Vienna and an important part of our new pan-European services. We are happy to offer attractive prices together with an innovative product concept and high quality to UK travellers as well as visitors arriving from Austria.”
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?