Flitch Trials rescheduled to 2022
- Credit: Dunmow Flitch Trials Organising Committee
The organising committee behind the Dunmow Flitch Trials have announced they will be rescheduled to next year.
The Flitch Trials, which take place every four years, , will be held on Saturday July 9, 2022.
They were last held in July 2016. They have been rescheduled because of the Covid pandemic.
All tickets already purchased will be automatically carried forward to July 2022.
Anyone who prefers a refund should email their name and contact phone number to email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Other queries, including offers of help or sponsorship, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The trials have been going for more than 900 years and every four years reward a flitch of bacon to couples who can convince judges they are happily married.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
At last week's Great Dunmow Town Council meeting, Essex County councillor Susan Barker said it was a shame the Trials were having to be postponed again but grants could be carried forward.