Dunmow Rotary Club celebrates turning 70
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rotary Club marked 70 years in the community at a platinum jubilee celebration dinner on February 9.
Club president Peter Childs welcomed 125 members and guests to the event, held at Foakes Hall, in Dunmow.
Dunmow mayor, Councillor Barrie Easter and wife Margaret attended as well as Svien Arne Walle, from Dunmow Rotary’s sister club in Kragerø, Norway. Lesley Sulley, assistant governor for Rotary clubs in the district, was presented with a cheque for £700 raised by the Dunmow Rotary Club, for the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
Mr Childs presented five Paul Harris Fellowship medals for outstanding contributions to Dunmow club members on the evening.
The recipients of the medals were Eric Rogers, Mike Perry, Dick Amott, Frank Warboys and Michael Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
Members from other Rotary groups attended, including people from Halstead, Braintree, Royal Wotton Bassett and Suffolk High clubs.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues