Dunmow singer James Ford, who has performed at V Festival, to launch first single
- Credit: Archant
Singer James Ford, from Dunmow who gave up his career in marketing in July last year to pursue a singing career and within days was booked to sing at the V Festival is launching his debut single.
James, 29, a former pupil at Helena Romanes School, was working for the Saffron Walden Reporter, sister paper of The Dunmow Broadcast, when he decided to become a professional singer.
His single, the dance track, Adrenaline, is Ibiza-style Deep House music. It will be released on Tuesday, September 1 with a private launch party for 150 invited guests at The Saracen’s Head in Dunmow and can be heard on iTunes.
James said: “It really is a case of having to pinch myself sometimes, the dream of becoming a recognised artist is happening and I am loving every moment. I love being able to share my journey with all the fans that have got me to this stage so far.”
As reported in the Broadcast, after playing at V in Chelmsford, James did a series of Christmas charity gigs for Scotty’s Little Soldiers, supporting the children of men and women killed while serving in the British Armed Forces.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been on the bill with top bands including Little Mix, Dynamo and Diversity. James’s video is due to go live on the Veno Channel in mid-September. His EP of original songs is expected to be released before Christmas and a full album next year.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 4 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 5 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups